There is so much to say about Jeroo Billimoria that is hard to know where to begin. I will try and use her own strategy for success: Pay attention to the data. As a sixteen-year-old when Jesoo’s first venture occurred, she often pushed her staff to focus on what research is telling them. “What are the numbers? Let’s look at the story the numbers are telling,”. So, before you meet Jeroo Billimoria in person at the Social Innovation Summit here is her previous important work in numbers:
- Her organizations Childline India and ChildHelpline International, have facilitated a global movement for protection of children and youth and are active in more than 181 countries – having responded to over 160 million calls.
- Her organisation Aflatoun – which offers social and financial education to children and young people – have reached 4 million children in 116 countries.
- Child and Youth Finance International (CYFI), has – under the lead of Jeroo – joined hands with 91 world governments to add financial inclusion and economic citizenship education.
- Jeroo Billimoria is the founder of nine social ventures. She is considered one of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs.
- She is one of 20 top social entrepreneurs in India
When I ask her what makes her work so successful, she answers self-explanatory: strategy, hard work and a collaborative mindset! Right now, she is working with a one family foundation; a personal family foundation which acts as social innovation incubator for globally scalable ideas. And to wrap it up I ask her for a sentence about her speech at the Social Innovation Summit.
– How to bring about collaborative systems change and have a scalable impact.
We are so much looking forward to meeting and listening to this inspiring and successful serial entrepreneur. We hope to see you there!
Book your ticket on www.sisummit.se