NESTA – Bringing great ideas to lifePublished 3 April 2012 by Redaktionen
Nesta is the UK’s foundation for innovation. They were set up to help turn great ideas into successful innovations that changes lives for the better.
”Over the past 14 years Nesta has backed hundreds of creative individuals and dozens of new enterprises, charities and projects of all kinds, from inventors of new materials to makers of videogames, and providers of childcare to communities finding solutions to climate change.
Nesta has also promoted better understanding of innovation, designing new methods for measurement and new policies, as well as innovative tools, ranging from accelerators for start-ups to websites making the most of public data.
In April 2012, Nesta moved out of the public sector to become an independent charitable foundation. We continue to benefit from the income provided by Nesta’s £320 million endowment, but we now have new freedoms….”
Read the entire article at Nesta.org
- EUROCITIES 2015: Living cities – sustainable growth and quality of life2015-08-06
- Improving Effectiveness and Efficiency in Public Service Delivery through Co-design and Co-creation2015-06-24
- New program and call for those working to make social innovation happen in EU2015-06-05
- ”Design as a process should be central to all organisations across Europe”2015-05-15
- Launching: Co-Labs – a national design lab that builds capacity for innovation2015-04-29