NESTA – Bringing great ideas to lifePublished 3 April 2012 by Redaktionen
Nesta is the UK’s foundation for innovation. They were set up to help turn great ideas into successful innovations that changes lives for the better.
”Over the past 14 years Nesta has backed hundreds of creative individuals and dozens of new enterprises, charities and projects of all kinds, from inventors of new materials to makers of videogames, and providers of childcare to communities finding solutions to climate change.
Nesta has also promoted better understanding of innovation, designing new methods for measurement and new policies, as well as innovative tools, ranging from accelerators for start-ups to websites making the most of public data.
In April 2012, Nesta moved out of the public sector to become an independent charitable foundation. We continue to benefit from the income provided by Nesta’s £320 million endowment, but we now have new freedoms….”
Read the entire article at Nesta.org
- Open lecture with Cristiano Bottone2015-05-01
- Launching: Co-Labs – a national design lab that builds capacity for innovation2015-04-29
- Scaling up social innovations: Insights from the Ashoka Network2015-04-21
- New Nordic network for Social Impact Bonds2015-04-15
- Inclusive Business Forum 2015: Co-creating the future2015-04-01